Work From Home
Be aware that there is a lot of misinformation on social media sites as well as a number of sites containing malware. Also be on the lookout for phishing email offering Coronavirus information, cures, and supplies.
TechLauderdale Webinar Series Part 4 – Seamlessly Secure: De-risking Remote Working & Learning
Thursday, May 14, 11 AM to 12 PM
Seamlessly Secure: De-risking Remote Working & Learning
CloudReady and Azule – An effective solution to working and learning from home.
Chromium OS has been heralded for its unparalleled speed, simplicity, and security but you don’t need a Chromebook to enjoy its benefits. Neverware has developed CloudReady, an OS based on Chromium that will allow you to run the OS on any computer. Don’t discard that old computer. Learn how to turn that equipment into a high performing device to let your employees or students work or learn from home in an easy, quick, and safe manner.
You will also learn how new mini PCs, designed by our own South Florida based Azulle, utilizes the technology in CloudReady to put power in small affordable devices. From Home Entertainment, IoT, Digital Signage and Remote Work these little computers can solve many challenges at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.
- Andrew Bauer is the CEO of Neverware, an early-stage technology company based in New York that is challenging the status quo of desktop operating systems with its flagship product, CloudReady OS. Thousands of schools, businesses, and consumers in 135 countries around the world use CloudReady daily via the company’s Education, Enterprise, and Home Editions. Through Andrew’s guidance and leadership, Neverware has established partnerships with Google, Microsoft, AWS, and Samsung. Andrew also directed the company through its Series B round of investment in 2017, which was led by Google LLC.
- Alex Rodriguez is CEO and founder of Azulle. What started as a company creating just one core product, has grown to 3 advanced product lines of fanless mini PCs, all with different generations and variations. Alex credits his diverse team of passionate and creative members for Azulle’s continuing success.
TechLauderdale Webinar Series Part 3 – Turning to Tech for Mental Health and Fitness While Home
Thursday, April 29, 11 AM to 12 PM
- Sue White, LCSW, CAP, Masters in Health Care Administration is a licensed clinical Social Worker with over 20 years in private practice. She served on the Florida Board of Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling for 12 years under three Governors. She served for 2 years on a mobile crisis unit after Hurricane Andrew.
- Santiago Callejas is the owner of Riptide Crossfit in downtown Fort Lauderdale. In addition to being the head coach at Riptide, he also works for CrossFit Headquarters running certification seminars all over the US and world.
TechLauderdale Webinar Series Part 2 – Legal & HR Issues
Friday, April 3, 10 AM to 11 AM
After the successful webinar “Working From Home”, TechLauderdale is providing another opportunity to learn from our experts. With South Florida under a “Safer At Home” policy, a majority of South Floridians will be working from home for the foreseeable future. This open Q&A will address your questions and concerns with a session focused on the HR and Legal issues of working from home.
- Melissa Martin, Senior Director, Global Employee Relations & EEO Compliance, Citrix
- Brett Schneider, Chair of the Labor and Employment Division, Weiss Serota Helfman Cole & Bierman
TechLauderdale Webinar Series Part 2 – Technology & Cybersecurity
Monday, April 6, 10 AM to 11 AM
“Working From Home” Part 2 is a sequel to TechLauderdale’s successful launch of our “Work from Home” webinar series. With South Florida under a “Safer At Home” policy, a majority of South Floridians will be working from home for the foreseeable future. This open Q&A webinar will focus on the technology and cybersecurity required for a remote workforce.
- Sanjay Deo, Founder & President, 24by7 Security
- Michael Goldstein, President & CEO, Lan Infotec
- Chris Fleck, Vice President & Technical Fellow at Citrix
Working From Home Webinar
Friday, March 20, 11 AM to 12 PM (Completed)
TechLauderdale presents: Meeting the Challenges of COVID-19, Work-From-Home Best Practices
Working From Home – Resources
Working From Home – Articles
- 7 Tips for Successfully Managing Remote Teams
- Coronavirus: How to work from home, the right way
- 20 Tips for Working From Home
- 6 Best Practices for Working From Home
- Working from home because of coronavirus? Be careful what you download to keep cybersafe
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB Coronavirus Updates
- Florida Department of Health – Broward County
- Florida Department of Health – Covid-19
- U.S. Small Business Administration – COVID-19